GUIDELINES & RULES
The regulations listed below are not exhaustive and are subject to change. Artists Emerge Directors have final decision and interpretation of all rules and regulations.
Studio Owners, please contact Artists Emerge here to request a registration kit with current pricing.
- Day of entries will not be accepted.
- Entries will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis.
- Limit of 1 solo per discipline per dancer.
- Duo and Trio dancers must have a change of partners to compete twice in the same category.
- Limit of 3 solos per dancer.
- A dance routine may move up in age division in order to avoid competition against itself within a category, but never lower.
- Competing dancers may enter routines in multiple categories as long as they are not competing against themselves in the same division, category, and age group.
6 EXPERIENCE LEVELS PER CATEGORY
Ex 1: Dance ABC Entry. Average yrs of experience among the dancers is: 0-1 yr. The dancers average hrs of training per week is: 2 hrs = Competitive – Beginner
Ex 2: Dance XYZ Entry. Average yrs of experience among the dancers is: 8 yrs. The dancers average hrs of training per week is: 10hrs = Accelerated – Advanced. This entry may alternately choose to enter in the Allstar Studio Category.
The current dance season counts as one year of experience.
|ADULT COMPETITIVE||AGE 25+|
|ADULT REC||Adult groups who are competing for recreational fun. These are typically parents or dancers over the age of 25.|
|OPEN DIVISION||Reserved for dancers of any age who make income off of teaching or paid dance performances. Includes, but is not limited to: performing for live artists, videos or television and instructing studio classes, workshops, summer/winter intensive camps. A group must have 5+ dancers that meet the Open criteria for the group to be considered Open.Instructor/Professional is someone who teaches more than 3 hours per week and is 19+ years of age.|
All entries are calculated by adding all the ages and dividing by the number of dancers. All cases are rounded up or down to the nearest whole number. Eg) 11.4 years rounds down to the 11 year category. 11.5 years round up to the 12 year category.
|MINIS||AVERAGE AGE 5-8|
|JUNIOR||AVERAGE AGE 9-12|
|TEENS||AVERAGE AGE 13-15|
|VARSITY||AVERAGE AGE 16-18|
- All fees must be paid by the Registration Deadline of December 20th. Late fees apply.
- Competition Fees are per dancer per dance
- Entry fees are non-refundable. NO EXCEPTIONS.
We email a preliminary schedule out to the email address associated with the registered account approx 1 month prior to the event. Schedules may vary from city to city depending on the size of the competition.
All attendees authorize the use of their images in photos and video for any Artists Emerge promotional purposes.
- All routines must be suitable for family viewing. Disqualification or point deduction will occur if judges / directors feel a routine is not within guidelines.
- Routines must perform in their scheduled order unless discussed with a director beforehand. A 15 point deduction may occur for those that do not comply.
- All participants agree to make all costume changes quickly in order to keep the competition running on schedule. Unreasonable delays can result in disqualification of the routine.
Duet/Trio: 3 mins
Small Group: 3.5 mins
Large Group: 4 mins
X-Large Group: 4.5 mins
Production: 5-10 mins
AE provides a 10 second grace period.
The Standings below will be announced during adjudication on stage.
|DIAMOND||95 & OVER|
|SILVER||79 & UNDER|
Judges break all ties and decisions by judges are FINAL.
- Music must be uploaded through your online account.
- Music must be edited and clean for family viewing or routines are subject to point deductions or disqualification.
- Please have backup music for each routine ready on hand.
- We only accept iPod, phone, computer as forms of back up. No CDs please
Judges score sheets and comments are available thru the online account used to register.
FINES & PENALTIES
- More Dancers on Stage than entered – $50/dancer
- Inappropriate Language – 2 point deduction
- Unnecessary Delay due to props/music/late group – 0.5 point deduction
- Routine is over time limit (10 sec grace) – $25 per min ute
- Group entered in wrong category:
- 2 Solutions:
- Entry is announced as “Out of Category” & becomes ineligible for awards & are adjudicated only. Penalty Fee may apply.
- Entry is moved to correct category/time at the discretion of the Event Director. Penalty Fee may apply.
- 2 Solutions:
- Late Entry Fees will apply to any and all Late Registrations (entered after December 20th).
Late Fees are per dancer and per entry that is submitted after the Deadline and will be in addition to the standard entry fee. Entry is not guaranteed .
- Late Fees are as followed: Solo $25 | Duo/Trio $25 | Groups $5 | All-Stars $10
- Changes to Entries after the Entry Change Deadline – $250 change fee . No changes after Final Schedule is released.